Book for Less Warehouse Sale this August 2015
Tips to make your book hunting more fun!
By Storytelling Philippines
Warehouse sale will run from August 1 - 31, 2015 (except on Mondays - August 3,10,17 and 24)
Thousands of books at Php20 each.
Tips when going to the warehouse sale and make your book hunting with less hassle:
- It's recommended to come early when books are in place/organized.
- Wear comfortable clothes, the usual warehouses are not built with air-conditioning system. In layman's term it is a place called "bodega" (stockroom).
- In case you have allergic rhinitis bring face mask, wipes and alcohol. The place will be crampy and dusty.
- Limit bringing children with you especially the little ones, it's not a play area or book store you can roam/story tell and goof around. The place will be filled with book hunters and bookworms digging books.
- Bring sturdy shopping bags for your purchases.
- List down a few book titles and authors you are looking for, although with tons of books like that decide which is books are age-appropriate for your child. You might be also be lucky to find hard to find books you've been wanting to have for so long.
- Search for classic books and included in the BFIAR list.
Let me share some children's classic books you might stumble upon:
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White; published 1952
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl; published 1961
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett; published 1911
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn, #2) by Mark Twain; published 1884 A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle; published 1962
Stuart Little (Paperback) by E.B. White; published 1945
A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein; published 1981
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett; published 1905Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak; published 1963
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown; published 1947
Where the Sidewalk Ends: The Poems and Drawings of Shel Silverstein by Shel Silverstein; published 1974
Matilda by Roald Dahl; published 1988
Harriet the Spy (Harriet the Spy #1) by Louise Fitzhugh; published 1964
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery; published 1908
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans; published 1939
Little House on the Prairie (Little House, #2) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1935The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner; published 1942
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin; published 1978
The Witches by Roald Dahl ; published 1983
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1)by Roald Dahl; published 1964The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Board Book) by Eric Carle; published 1969
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn, #1) by Mark Twain; published 1876
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Fudge, #1) by Judy Blume; published 1972
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6) by Beverly Cleary; published 1981
Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik; published 1957
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling; published 1999
Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish; published 1963
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) by Ann M. Martin; published 1986
The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka; published 1989
Tuck Everlasting (Paperback) by Natalie Babbitt; published 1974
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren;
Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey; published 1941
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis; published 1950The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7) by C.S. Lewis; published 1956
The Borrowers (The Borrowers, #1) by Mary Norton; published 1952
Julie of the Wolves (Julie of the Wolves, #1) by Jean Craighead George; published 1972
The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes; published 1944
Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola (Author and Illustrator); published 1975
Fantastic Mr. Foxby Roald Dahl; published 1970
The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1953
These Happy Golden Years (Little House, #8) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1943
Farmer Boy (Little House, #3) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1933
The Long Winter (Little House, #6) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1940
On the Banks of Plum Creek (Little House, #4) by Laura Ingalls Wilder; published 1937
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling; published 1997
Curious George by H.A. Rey; published 1941
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch; published 1986
Lord of the Flies by William Golding; published 1954
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans, #4) by Mildred D. Taylor; published 1976
How to get to Book for Less warehouse:Direction and instruction as prepared by BFL team.
Landmark: La Consolacion College
- From Shaw Blvd.(EDSA Central) - take jeepney going to pasig palengke or san joaquin rotonda(fare P10). Take tricycle going to La Consolacion.
- From Rosario -take jeepney going to pasig palengke/san joaquin. Take tricycle going to La Consolacion.
- From Ortigas/Meralco - from ortigas ride a jeepney (San juan Pinaglabanan/San Juan Taytay Resettlement Area. Or pasig palengke. Take a tricycle from there going to La consolacion
- Mega Mall - take FX going to pasig Palengke Rotonda (Jollibee or PLDT). Then take tricycle to La Consolacion College
- C5 Boni Serrano Katipunan Interchange QC. - Ride Jeepney(cubao-rosario) to Ortigas Ave/Dr. Sixto Antonio Ave intersection. Take tricycle going to La Consolacion.
- QC EDSA - ride a bus going to Robinson's Ortigas, take jeepney(Pasig Palengke). Take tricycle going La Consolacion College
- Taguig -Pateros - from Taguig ride a bus(Eastwood Libis-Marriot Terminal via Acropolis) to E. Rodriguez Jr.Ave Pasig or Ride a jeepney(Bagumbayan Taguig-Pasig(TP) via San Joaquin) From Bagumbayan Taguig-Pasig(TP) via San Joaquin to Caruncho Avenue/Market Avenue Intersection Pasig (Estimated Fare: P21.000) take a walk to Mercedes Avenue, then ride tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Taguig C5 - take a walk to Carlos P. Garcia Ave Taguig. Walk right to lane,then walk left to path, walk right to service road, walk right to McKinley Parkway, walk left to parking aisle. Ride a bus(Eastwood Libis-Marriot Terminal via Acropolis) From there to E.Rodriguez Jr. Ave Pasig (Fare: P12.00).From E.Rodriguez Jr.Ave,ride a jeepney(Pasig-Ugong via Rodriguez),from there to Caruncho Ave Pasig (Fare: P7.50). Ride a jeepey(Angono-Pasig) to Market Ave, then take a walk to Mercedes Ave. From there ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Sta Mesa - take a walk to Valenzuela Extension/V.Mapa Blvd, ride a jeepney (EDSA Shaw Quiapo via Sta Mesa to Dr.Sixto Antonio Ave/Pasig Blvd Extension intersection Pasig (Fare: P15.00). Take a walk to Mercedes Avenue, then take a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Taft - From Taft Ave.,ride a bus(Fairview/Monumento/Novaliches) up to Shaw Blvd Intersection Mandaluyong. From there, ride a jeepney(Pasig Palengke) to Dr. Sixto Ave., take a tricycle going to La Consolacion College in Mercedes Ave.
- From EDSA North Avenue - (Option A)Ride a Train MRT Line 3 to Ortigas. Take a walk from MRT Ortigas Station, walk right to POVEDA Drive. Walk left to Service Road. Ride a jeepney(San Juan Pinaglabanan-SanJuan Taytay Resettlement Area) to Mercedes Ave Pasig (estimated fare: P12.00). From there,Ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College. (Option B)Ride a Bus(Baclaran/Ayala/Ortigas Ilalim) to Ortigas POEA Take a walk from MRT Ortigas Station, walk right to POVEDA Drive. Walk left to Service Road. Ride a jeepney(San Juan Pinaglabanan-SanJuan Taytay Resettlement Area) to Mercedes Ave Pasig (estimated fare: P12.00). From there,Ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Marikina - Ride a jeepney(Marikina-Pateros San Joaquin via Pasig) to Dr. Sixto Ave Pasig (estimated fare P12.00). Ride a jeepney(Pasig Taytay) to Market Ave Pasig (estimated fare P7.50). Take a walk to Mercedes Ave. Ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Antipolo - from Antipolo Ortigas Ave. Extension, ride a Bus(Antipolo-Pasig) to Mercedes Ave Pasig (estimated fare P23.00-P24.00). From there, take a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From San Juan - Ride jeepney(Rosario/Robinson's) up to Ortigas. From there, take a jeepney(San Juan Pinaglabanan-San Juan Taytay) to Dr. Sixto Antonio Ave Intersection. Take tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From Cavite - Ride a bus to Baclaran, from there take another Bus(Fairview/Monumento/Novaliches/) up to Crossing in Shaw Blvd., then take a jeepney(Pasig Palengke/San Joaquin Totonda). From Pasig Palengke, ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College.
- From LRT Gateway Cubao - From LRT Gateway, walk down to Araneta Center, take the footbridge and walk up to MRT Station Cubao, ride MRT up to Crossing Shaw Blvd. From there take a jeepney(going to pasig palengke or san joaquin rotonda(fare P10). Take tricycle going to La Consolacion.
Book for Less
643 Mrecedes Avenue, Brgy. San Miguel, Pasig City
[t] 633-8563, 640-1743
Get instant updates from storytelllingphilippines.com on:
Write us at storytellingphilippines(@)gmail(dot)com
If you find this post helpful and informative, feel free to SHARE it.
Storytelling Philippines on Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/StorytellingPhilippines
We’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
We do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.